Friday, October 5, 2007

First Brew

Cap & Kettle was created to satisfy a peculiar longing to write about tea. Fixing a cup of tea is a meditative and pensive act, and I find that whenever I move into this reclusive reverie I begin to think of a great number of things to say. By coincidence I am drinking tea, and so many of these great expostulations I conjure up are on the subject of, well, tea.

My tea drinking is typically a solo act. I rarely serve tea to others, finding few who sympathize with my love for the stuff. Attempts to proselytize coffee and soda heathens are for naught. So I drink tea alone, with no vessel to carry or hear my tea ramblings and rumblings.

And now I've gone and created a digital mouthpiece, where late-night and errant browsers can gather and read epic poems and long diatribes on what, to many, appears to be a very ordinary and very mundane beverage.

How wrong those skeptics are.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

3 comments:

Brent said...

I think this is the reason most of us tea bloggers write about tea online. As MarshalN once said, it's a sort of "constant tea meeting."

Most of us just aren't able to walk down the street and drink tea with friends, so we share our experiences online. It's not quite the same, but it's better than nothing. :)

-Brent

Space Samurai said...

I know finding Teachat, and teabloggers and starting a blog myself has definitely helped scratch that itch to share in the community of tea, much to my wife's delight.

Garrett said...

So far, so good. It really is a great community. Incredibly well informed, too.